Here's a roundup of the best links I clicked on this past week. I've also got a new review of my own for you featuring LedgerSync, a collaborative bank feed add-on ideal for clients that need to stay on desktop accounting software a while longer.
LedgerSync — A bridge to the cloud
Accounting and bookkeeping are all about the cloud these days. But not every firm is ready to make the switch. If you're sticking with desktop for a while longer, LedgerSync can give you some of the benefits of the cloud at a very reasonable price. (read)
Just for Fun
AccountantsWorld (accounting package)
AccountantsWorld has enhanced their signature product, Accounting Power, will integrated bill payment capabilities. Payments can be made by paper check or ACH. You can also:
- Upload images of invoices and payment remittances from your mobile device.
- Monitor all bill payment for all your clients on a single dashboard.
- Send payment approval requests to multiple clients with one click. Clients can then approve bills from their computer or mobile device.
The popular Bitcoin payment service now allows U.S. users to sell Bitcoin instantly with PayPal and buy Bitcoin instantly with credit cards, both for a 3.75% fee.
Deputy (staff management)
- viewing schedules
- creating, moving, and copying shifts
- doing more stuff from the scheduling screen
Harvest (time & billing)
Significant improvements to filtering on the Forecast schedule.
Hubdoc (document management)
QuickBooks Online (accounting package)
Charlie Russell reports on Accountex Report that the QuickBooks Online Accountant Document Center (an integration with Box) is being discontinued, effective August 24, 2016.